Ancient Artifacts

THE JOE NORMAN
MUSEUM OF MODERN ARTIFACTS
PART - 1


After serving 15 years in office, some would say I was fortunate enough to amass a prestigious collection of priceless artifacts that would give me motivation to make it through the tough times, and a few others I would enjoy in solitude.

As I made my way through these items, I thought I would share a few of more special ones with you here. I hope they bring you as much joy and inspiration as they did me.

In no particular order:


Steven Zachar autographed baseball


This baseball was autographed by the legendary Firefighter Steven Zachar. It was used for the first pitch in the historic Little League World Series in 1978 when the Bad News Bears defeated the defending Japanese champions.

Most are unaware that Steven was actually a child stunt double for Jackie Earle Haley who played MVP Kelly Leak.


MDA and Twin Peaks (DFW)


They know how to make a guy feel special!


U.S. Senator's Lamar Alexander and Bob Corker


They always looked up to me!


NO TITLE NEEDED


The Original Classic



Chris Jarman autograph(s)


We spent all afternoon perfecting his autograph.
I believed he could fly!


LIGHT READING

Whenever I got an elusive spare moment, I liked to relax with a cup o' tea
and a good topographic map.


NOTHING FROM NOTHING, LEAVES NOTHING

My parting gift from the United Way of the MidSouth

By virtue of my position on the Memphis AFL-CIO Executive Board, I was appointed as a Labor Representative to the United Way Executive Board for 2 years.

For what it's worth, I knew as little, or less about the United Way after my 2 years on the Executive Board, then when I was first appointed.

I did receive this nice parting gift though that is still right twice a day.



StewBaby, 25 +2



My first unofficial act was to present Stew with this commemorative token of appreciation that can still be viewed somewhere at the Union Hall.



September 15, 2011


I don't live in Arlington, but I Like Mike!
I bought an entire bundle.
This prominently adorned my office.

Cleaning up Memphis!

Souvenir Soap

We could have avoided the 2009 - 2015 train wreck.

From the Harry S. Truman Little White House in Key West, FL.

The Buck Stops Here!
(And it usually did).


My FINAL OFFICIAL ACT


Carrot cake by Mike & Laquita Shelton




SUBSCRIBE | SHARE

Subscribe to receive updates on new content. if you have any topic suggestions please let me know.

Until next time, stay safe!

- Joe

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

Memphis in May Funding (2022)